Friday, January 18, 2008

Reaumur-Sebastopol

OK A little trip on the Metro today. I have to go off to work myself and have no more cupcakes or cupcake paintings for you since I went back to bed after yesterday's post..Ahem
So this in MY Metro in the Marais - Etienne Marcel, a nice old traditional Belle Epoque station.
I love it that the Paris Metro has a seperate entrance and exit for passengers, unlike New York's MTA, where there's always a contest/battle of who gets throught the same entry/exit.
Here's something to remember.
No matter which side of the platform you are on, the train will ALWAYS be coming from your left.
It took many trips to Paris to discover this valuable nugget of info.
Metro Art is a FABULOUS in Paris.
Hello MTA!!! Listen up
I took a special trip to the Metro station Reaumur-Sebastopol just to shoot these interior murals - really enamaled tiles.
I love the brilliant patterns and colors...
Prince Street Station has something like this but in miniature - I'll take some pictures. But I love the abstract graphic assertivness of these larger than lifesize figures.
Each figure has a story to tell.
Franck, 36 ans.
I wish I knew the artist/ designers name who created these...
Terrific contemporary gestural poses...
Even a TV screen with News!
Les goss (the kids) going off to school...
Back inside the very compressed and not so well designed old Metro car a real woman puts on her makeup!
The stations are spacious and airy, unlike the old style Metro cars...
Well, here's the seperate exit I love.
Off to work.
Cya next week with more cupcakes and paintings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY