Monday, January 28, 2008

Florentijn Hofman

#147 Yellow Duck takes tea On Friday Asuncion Aranda in Seville wrote: Please COME BACK from "Lilliput"...I miss your "talkings"about that green or YELLOW...
All this tiny madness is making me crazy ;D
Canard de Bain by Florentijn Hofman
Canard de Bain by Florentijn Hofman
I always like to take heed of PB's savvy readers...ahem
And I found this wonderful YELLOW duck sculpture of
Florentijn Hofman of Rotterdam!
I ran to check on my little YELLOW duck...still there sitting on the tub, waiting patiently for me to remember to paint him.
Canard de Bain by Florentijn Hofman

Florentijn's duck or Canard de Bain, has a much bigger pool of water to swim in - the Loire River!

Canard de Bain by Florentijn Hofman

I love the scale of this ducky -
26 x 20 x 32 meters!

I would like to invite Florentijn's duck to tea...

But I'm not sure he likes cupcakes..?

Canard du bain by Florentijn Hofman

Florentijn Hofman says of her duck:
A yellow spot on the horizon slowly approaches the coast.

People have gathered and watch in amazement as a giant yellow Rubber Duck approaches.
The spectators are greeted by the duck, which slowly nods its head.
The Rubber Duck knows no frontiers, it doesn't discriminate between people or have a political connotation.
The friendly, floating Rubber Duck has healing properties: it can relieve mondial tensions as well as define them. The rubber duck is soft, friendly and suitable for all ages!
I completely agree!

Over the weekend I ate way too many Pierre Herme Collection desserts...Hmmmm

Stuck Pig by Florentijn Hofman And I'm feeling a bit like the "Stuck Pig" Florentijn created for the Museum van Nagsael. Please visit the other terrific sculptures at Florentijn's site!
And if you want a YELLOW duck of your own, please visit Amazon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY