Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Quelle Wreck!

I thought I'd invite you back into my studio today and first show you something sublime -
Laduree's beautiful pastry boxes.
Now fasten your seatbelts!
You're definitely in for a bumpy ride!
So this is my still life setup area by the one window in my 11' x 11' studio.
I think I have South light - not sure. Afternoon light whatever that is..?
I have a horseshoe setup of "door" tables resting on filing cabinets FULL OF TOO MANY PAPERS! My computer is facing the window area.
The door is to my right so I'm not sure how un-feng shui I am..Hmmm
I usually put whatever I'm painting up on the desktop and paint directly from it. Especially since the subject matter may be long gone..
A pull back showing my wonderful Canon scanner that changed my life dramatically!
THANK YOU Canon!
I used to wait for daylight to shoot my watercolors and then they would still come out pink or crooked..
To the right of my computer - my watercolors and maybe my still life subjects...
My cousin Bill asked me where was I putting all the new miniatures I'm painting of late? They don't take up alot of space Bill :)
Next my watercolor paintbox and enamel palette...
My SURGICAL TOOLS - my paint brushes...
Scalpel please.
Oooops the rest of the table to my left.
So why am I showing you all this havoc?
Because I hope these will become my "BEFORE" pictures.
I am taking ArtBizCoach.com's "Get Organized" class to change things around here.
Are you feeling overwhelmed?
Drowning in clutter?
Losing time to poor habits?
Don't know where to begin to start files and databases?
Chaos has always reigned supreme in my studio. Only in Paris, minus all my junk, have I ever had an airy, open clear place to work and I liked it!? So I've got until February 9th to make some serious changes around here!
YES! Well I'm gonna try anyway..
It would be so nice if every box I receive did not become a table for papers etc.
Plus my new way faster tower is sitting inside this box ( do I have to say it's been sitting there for 2 weeks..?)
I still have a ways to go to top Francis Bacon in messiness...This is now a shrine to him as well as a book, so maybe I should leave things as they are?
But here's a good book to get you going in the other direction -
EAT THAT FROG!
And here is Jana Bouc's very beautifully organized studio!
I thought I'd leave you with some more lovely sublime Laduree boxes after that bumpy ride through my studio.
Are you doing the "January thing" of uncluttering and reorganizing your life too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY