Thursday, October 30, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday I lost my favorite Parisien "drugstore" glasses...
Yesterday I left the apartment at 10 AM and got back at 11 PM and didn't get to post...
Yesterday I was going to go to the Marche d'Aligre and the Salon du Chocolat...
Instead I went to Musee Nissim de Camondo and Versailles!
Musee Nissim de Camondo is a treasure house of fabulous antiques and not at all crowded. I loved these illustrated guides of all the objets...
Truly wonderful objets...
Reflections in a car window...I'm really noticing architectural details this trip...
I've taken a gazillon photos of these decorative door mantles or cartouches, here in the 8th arrondissement enroute to the Metro to Versailles. I want to include them somehow in my drawings...
I didn't get to Versailles until 3 PM (when the crowds are supposed to be considerable less..hmmm) I LOVE this map at the entry.
The wait was only 15 minutes to buy a ticket. The guichet at the RER was ferme (closed) and the machine did not like my credit card. C'est la vie. Bring your muffler and gloves and hats and thermal underwear if you're coming.
The famed Hall of Mirrors...
The contrast of the Jeff Koon's shiny metalic sculptures in this environment is spectacular...
The views out the windows - entrancing...
I took the RER back and got off at Pont d'Alma to go to my sister's for dinner. After crossing the bridge and taking the obligatory photo of the Eiffel Tower for you, I dropped my favorite drugstore glasses. I'd bought them in Paris 4 years ago, and I've managed never to lose them until yesterday...
First stop at Patisserie Carette at Trocadero to get revived and then I realized the glasses were gone :( Total blur like this shot.
My chocolat chaud and macarons were terrific, but I could not read the menu or the the bill! Maybe a good thing...Hmmm
An extraordinary fleurist near my sister's. I went across the street and bought new glasses in the pharmacie, so I could see and take this photo. My sister suggested we go to a different restaurant than previously planned. We would have to take the Metro to Pont d'Alma...
We got out and do you know what?
I saw something glimmering on the ground where I'd taken the earlier photo.. MY GLASSES! So now I have 2 pairs of Parisien "drugstore" glasses!
Today I am definitely going to the Salon de Chocolat! ! !
BONNE JOURNEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY