Monday, October 6, 2008

Macaron Rose,watercolor on Etsy, 9"x 11"
First and foremost
THANK YOU PB READERS!!!!
For helping me resolve the PB avatar mystery! A won by the way :)

Macaron Eiffel Tower,watercolor on Etsy, 9" x 11"

Secondly on today's menu, I get quite a few requests for some straightup macaron watercolors, so...

Before I became an obsessed student of the macaron, I had a great love for the meringue...

Probably dating back to the Lemon Meringue birthday cakes my mom used to make, since I refused to eat cake as a kid. I still refuse by the way...
I use to love buying meringues in Paris...
Meringues always equalled Paris in my eyes. That's all changed now...
These rock-like monsters can easily break a tooth - they are still everywhere in Paris. But it's my observation that you rarely see them at a place selling macarons. Hmmm...Many patisseries have gone upscale and now refuse to acknowledge the lowly meringue.
Only Berthillon had them side by side, kissing cousins as they should be. After all a macaron is made with French or Italian meringue is it not? But then Berthillon's nitch is ice cream so they don't have to worry. So many things in Paris give one pause for serious deep thought don't you think?
BONNE LUNDI!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY