Monday, October 20, 2008

Sophia's Piece Montee

Piece Montee de Macarons,watercolor on Etsy,sold 5.5" x 7.5"
I've become joined at the hip in more ways than one with these piece montee de macarons...
Sophia's Montee de Macarons,watercolor on Etsy,sold,5.5" x 7.5"
Sophia requested a painting of a piece montee to go with her fabulous mini pastry shop.
She wrote: I’ve been thinking about colors all this dreary, rainy afternoon....I think what I love best are pinks (framboise, fraise, rose, cassis) and greens (pistache), pale orange (abricot) and yellow (citron).

What I love to eat is caramel au beurre sale, praline, pain d’epices and marron. So think about what you could do with that palette and I’m sure I will love it!

Hmmm...well I took another look at her mini shop and instantly decided to make a painting like this piece montee.

Just one color and covered in...

Photo by Mercotte

...Yummy thin strands of caramel.. This picture is from French Macaron Queen, Mercotte.

I don't think I'll ever get around to making real macarons. But I could certainly dribble caramel all over them. THIS I could do most happily. How about you?

And I just might be able to re-create this piece montee de fruits from Chateau Vaux le Vicomte with some spit and polish...ahem
BON LUNDI!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY