Friday, March 27, 2009

Marche Aux Puce

Last Sunday I went to the Marche Aux Puce!
There are around 15 different markets within the Puce...
I made it to 2 in 2 hours. This one is Marche Vernison...
There is so much stuff...
To look at and admire...
I spotted this chest...
And fell victim to this little Paris Par Arrondissements book from 1946. I had no plans to buy anything bien sur, but for 10 Euros and it's full of MAPS!!! Excuses...excuses.
Aren't we great at them when called for?
Another sign warning guest doggies to FAITE ATTENTION (pay attention)
This is a resident hound and he knows the rules. He's guarding his master's stand while he gets a coffee...I guess
Here's a map of the other marche I went into, Dauphine.
It's huge.
So many things...
To look at...
I did spot a few wonderful old architectural prints of some French facades, but stupidly I got out my camera in an obvious way and the vendeuse came flying at me.

Arrête ! Arrête ! (STOP!)
and ALLEZ! (GO AWAY!)
HUMPH
There are posh places too at the puce, but they not for me.
I left around noon to go to lunch at...

Rose Bakery, my favorite place to eat in Paris. This is the newish branch in the Marais at 30, rue Debelleyme 75003.
The food is Brit and organic and healthy. And the place is always packed with Parisiens. Go at opening time or you'll stand in line for an hour!
Dejeuner :)
Later I wandered over to the Musee Beaubourge. There are always performers.
Inside...
And then to one of my favorite patisseries, Pain du Sucre.


These chocolate hippos and elephants are in the outdoor case everyone is gazing at - they are special for Easter (Pacques)
Easter elephants ? ? ?
There's a good reason this place is called Pain, because the decision-making process is pure torture. I ended up getting (again) their divine caramel macarons (2).
Please help yourself to one of these marshmallow-filled chocolate lollie bears (nounours)
~
BONJOUR WEEK-END!



PS!

There is a ROSE BAKERY cookbook if you want to make that salad plate yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY