Wednesday, March 4, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

Rainy Eiffel, original art, 5" x 7"
While we're still on the question of heights...
Exactly a year ago while walking around in Paris at night, I spotted this model and commented; Oh those trecherous, unending circular staircases in Paris! I'll take a mini model instead S.V.P
Little did I know what awaited me...
So I've been getting in fighting shape for those 6 Parisien flights...
I can now actually RUN up the subway stairway!
According to a recent article in the NYTimes, stair-climbing is a great free workout!
Why didn't I start doing this sooner?
To heck with swimming laps!
There's a wonderful French idiom,
L'esprit d'escalier (literally, stairway wit) that describes the predicament of thinking of the right thing to say too late.
The idea is, it hits you what you should have said when departing on stairway.
No wonder!
There are so many stairways in Paris!
Where else would the lightbulb go off?

Sardi, who lives in a Soho loft and climbs 5 steep stairs everyday, suggested I bring along an artist's folding stool - I could take timeout on the landings on the way up...
Of course Susanne says not to worry...
All those stairs will make me free to eat any of these I want.
Have you any tips on climbing all those Parisien steps?

~

BONJOUR MERCREDI!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY