Thursday, February 21, 2008

DEBAILLEUL

#167 Debailleur Ballotin of Chocolates #167 Debailleul Ballotin of chocolates, 9" x 11" Original Watercolor...
Meanwhile back at the Salon du Chocolat...One of the most beautiful, sumptuous displays was from a Belgian company called:
DEBAILLEUL and don't ask me how to pronounce that.
If you know, Please tell me!
Debailleul Everything they showed was glistening and lush...
Debailleul Here is a Buche with little macarons girding it's perimeters..?
Debailleur Everything was under glass, well protected from greedy hands and yearning eyes..
DebailleulLike this ballotin of chocolates...sigh
DEBAILLEURHere's the funny thing about DEBAILLEUL...
Their head chef, Marc Debailleul is not only French but an M.O.F. to boot.

Meaning he's been chosen as the top in his industry as well as winning numerous prizes at the Lyon Pastry D'or etc. And Debailleul is in Brussels! What's more, there is a decidedly "Scottish style" to their presentation like this clan tartan plate or the tartan plaid that lines their divine little info booklet!?
DEBAILLEURYet if you took yourself off to Scotland I bet you wouldn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of finding such rare goodies as these. Correct me if I am wrong any of you native Scots out there...
Debailleur Debailleul has even named one of their very French gateaux "Dumphries"!?
Does the chef dream of being in Scotland doing a Highland fling while munching some shortbread?
DebailleurHere's a gateaux that looks like a hedgehog to me... Is that the Scottish national mascot?
DebailleurNone of this matters a trice. Debailleul's pastries and chocolates are superb in appearance and taste. They kindly gave me a box of chockies. If only I had it here to paint...
DebailleurAll of their graphics and packaging are superior too - the best I saw at the Paris Salon.
DebailleurChef Marc Debailleul and their director, Hans Pauwels at the show. I think he told me they may be opening a shop in the US..even New York! Oh Please do! Hmmm...I think they said come visit next time I'm in Brussels. I do plan to make a side trip from Paris in March to go see Belgian chocolates. I must admit I took poetic licence with today's aquarelle.
Debailleul dinnae have no blue boxes or chocolate-covered cherries..ahem
DebailleulAnother reason I must visit - it behooves (Scottish?) me to make a more accurate painting of their chocolates. The arrow is pointing to their excellent booklet full of tempting "chocolate maps" that will make you want to jump on the next plane to Brussels!
Oh their address...Are you no going then?
Rue de Ganshoren 27-39 1081 Bruxelles Belgium

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY