Monday, September 17, 2007

Yesterday 2 little words,
with a good helping hand from Google
led me down a twisty-turny path...
Those 2 words:
"Paris Blue"
are something I've been around for 6+ years, two days a week
and never given much thought.
But when seen out of context I had to find out more...
Paris Blue is really the French version of Prussian Blue,
also known as Iron Blue, Berlin Blue, Antwerp Blue, Chinese Blue, Steel Blue.
It was first made by colormaker Diesbach in Berlin around 1704.
Searching for PARIS BLUE I came up with Soir de Paris,
Hmmm...not what I expected at all.
Look at these beautiful "Paris Blue" glass bottles!!
Instant love...
And look at this glam poster - so evocative of the 50's
There are many more of these
and you can own them!
Quite a few online sites are selling empty vintage perfume bottles..
Isn't this tasseled purse flacon dreamy?
A bit of history on BOURJOIS...
In 1863, Monsieur Alexandre Napoleon Bourjois was busy concocting

superior makeup for actresses. He came up with the first powder blush,
Pastel Joues. The fashion spread from the theatre to the masses.
You can still find these little round pots of blush in Monoprix.
The perfumes came later...

I love this bit of BOURJOIS vintage advertising.
Just 2 weeks...14 days till I am there
in PARIS!
So yesterday while searching for the color Paris Blue,
on an impulse I bought the vintage perfume bottle I painted above..
The description reads:
A small amount of eau de cologne is left in this vintage Evening in Paris cobalt blue perfume bottle. Original silver cap. Original silver paper label must have been made for consumption in France as it reads: Soir de Paris which means Evening in Paris in French.


This is where impulse control comes in or the lack there of.

Impulse control disorder is a set of psychiatric disorders including
intermittent explosive disorder (hot-headedness), kleptomania (stealing [shots?]), pathological gambling, pyromania (fire-starting) and trichotillomania (pulling one's hair out) says Wikipedia.
Uh OH!
Well...I did control my impulses at the CHANEL parfum counter...

And this little bottle only cost $12... Google is a dangerous place to set foot in if you lack impulse control.
Learn from my bad example and stay clear :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY