Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The POMEGRANATES have arrived
Heavens!
It's only September for Gawd's sake
Usually they show up in time for Thankgiving tabletop decorations...
I fell in love with pomegranates in Venice about 4 years ago...
So romantic no?
But you don't have to go to Venice to get a pomie.
You can go to your unexciting Key Foods market!
They were mad for pomegranates in the 17th century too.
And they didn't even know about flavanoids and antioxideants.
I saw this gorgeous painting by Saraceni at the 2003 Natura Morta exhibit in Florence.
These pomies are by Cristoforo Munari.
They are sitting beside quinces, which I have yet to try...
In the good old days pomegranetes were symbols of fertility and richness...
This relief is by da Firenze.
I don't know why we had to wait 500+ years to wake up to the power of pomegranates?
I woke up 4 years ago and now I never get a winter cold,
as long as I down a few seeds (arils) daily.
My family used to say a blessing over the first fruit of spring.
Well I'm saying a blessing over Fall's first pomegranates!
While my co-workers are already sniffling and snuffling,
I will be cold-free thanks to the all-mighty Pom.
There's always pomegranate tea if you can't bear the thought of those seeds.
Hmmm...
I would love to know
why there are NO POMEGRANATE MACARONS?
Please get a pomegranate and try one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY