Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I wasn't sure I was going to post today.
Being 9/11...
Hilda of Saffron and Blueberry took a wonderful photo
I asked her if I could paint it...
(“Morello cherries in cherry gelée, pistachio gelée, pistachio mascarpone cream”)
My first thoughts were
Tower of power
with a cherry on top!
That's how I felt about the World Trade Towers.
Such a delightful friend in my New York life...
There are so many good memories attached to that building.
I attended, well volunteered to help out at Kevin Zraly's Windows on The World Wine school.
I got to serve the bread rolls, never pour the wine, but I learned so much about wine.
I couldn't wait to attend each class.
Thank you Kevin!
I got to photograph for the Beard House at The Windows on the World restaurant too!
I took trading classes on the 13th floor in building #1,
when I was pretending to be a day trader.
You got to imagine you might make a cool mill someday, especially in that building...
I remember the first time I visited the WTC -
All the fantastic Milton Glaser graphics on the ground floor.
Though I'm afraid of heights, I loved visiting the observation deck.
There too, Milton Glaser created maps at your fingertips.
You gazed out at the spectacular view and
you could look down and identify exactly what you were seeing.
There were free summer dance concerts on the esplanade.
So many things...
Best of all, those buildings were a touchstone for all New Yorkers.
Everywhere you looked, you could see them.
They were our Eiffel Tower.
Can a building be a friend?
I miss you dear friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY