Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mystery Macarons...

Have you ever been running somewhere and you spot something wonderful...
You take one near-perfect picture of it and make a mental note;
I must come back here and go inside!
But WHERE was it?
That's what I'm wondering about this adorable pile of macarons
I saw the first day last time in Paris...
I thought the little window sign at the bottom would be a logo clue..
But no, it's just a symbol for some French Pastry association...
Objective #1: Find this place again!
I know you're busy reading the yummy the list on this Maison Kayser ardoise..
But when I look, I see yummy handwriting like any French kid can do.
What I wouldn't give to be able to write like this...
That's why this mystery restaurant appeals to me...
But I passed by so quickly, I didn't get the street address, the name, nuttin'
I know it's somewhere around Lafayette Gourmet...
I don't care what the food is like.
I just want to eat in a place surrounded by ardoise /
blackboards covered in French handwriting.
Objective #2: Find it!
*Update: I found it. Procrastination will get you everywhere.
COJEAN is across the street at 66
Why I never went inside a place called AQUARELLE is beyond me?
This is an easy one - at least I know where it is!
7-9, rue de Buci Paris, 75006
OK, this is a biggie...
I've not been back to the Tour Eiffel since MY FIRST TRIP TO EUROPE,

when you have no choice about visiting national monuments.
But this trip I think I should get a little bit closer than this shot..
What do you think?
More French handwriting..
This mystery window is on rue de Seine I think...
I'm going to go look for it.
Wonderful seashell underwear!
I got a quick shot even though the vendeuse was wagging her finger at me.
I know it was on rue Bonaparte, down a bit from Pierre Herme.
I wish I'd gone inside and bought these..

Especially since I took this picture 2 years ago!
So this mystery underwear is long gone :(

Is there something you missed out on from a previous trip
that you'd like to go back and do?

Not a mystery.
I KNOW I will get to visit often with
my adorable cousin K. in Pigalle.
I hope we go back to Rose Bakery and that I remember to take pictures...
I hope she lets me pay this time...
I loved Lyn's comment on Mondays post:
I always rent an apartment in a part of the city I've not rented in before.

First morning I scout the neighborhood,
get my first "flavor" of it,
find a nice place for a latte and a pastry,
then sit and enjoy.
Objective #3:
I think these mystery chairs in the Jardin Luxumbourg

would like me to stop
and sit down and enjoy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY