Monday, September 10, 2007

My First Macaron...

Do you remember biting into your FIRST macaron?
I can't honestly say I do.
And it was only a year and half ago or so...
Did lights flash?
Did the earth move?

Granted I have done double duty making up for the years sans(without) macarons...
Before I ever tasted a macaron I remember seeing these
cheery colored disks lined up in Angelina's windows
And thinking to myself..
eh?

They looked awfully sweeeeet to me.
That was before I knew better...
Well they are awfully sweeeet but so much more is involved..
Though not if you asked
my second cousin K. who lives in Pigalle.
She used to be a oral surgeon and doesn't have much time for macarons.

Chocolat -OUI!
Macarons NON!
Isn't it interesting that macarons are exactly the same shape as
the French beret!?
At least my cousin is always wearing a macaron!

Last week Brit in Norway wrote about eating her FIRST macaron...
Granted it was
a Norwegian macaron...
Does that count?
Since I can't remember my first macaron, I've decided to immortalize Brit's first.
Even if it was Norwegian...
*And Brit has been kind enough to let me use her photos to paint from...
I plan to work more seriously on my macaron expertise next visit to Paris...
IN 20 DAYS!!!
Painting them is one thing...
But I would like to become truly discerning about the taste and texture.
I'll be reading as well as tasting and painting.
Not that macs and I aren't already joined at the hip...

Ahem...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY