Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pas Prete...

Pas prête is short for Elle n'est pas prête.
Some of you think I'm "excited" to be going off to Paree...
Hum...I haven't really had the chance to get excited.
Or even have the "cold feet"
I normally get just before a trip.
I'm juggling 3 (yes THREE) deadlines here.
And doing lots of praying between bouts of procrastinating
and occasional actual working,
on a Thanksgiving menu for the Russian Tea Room..
And some coffee painting sketches
that have taken way too long...
Plus I have to write a little story on Paris Breakfasts for Artful Blogging
ALL BEFORE I GO on Sunday morning!!!
Yes, idiot-moi, I decided to take a day flight on AirFrance :(
Oh did I mention I went out and bought a new camera?
What kind of a ding-a-ling does that just before a trip?
This ding-a-ling, that's who!
I'll take along my old friendly Canon PS A510 of course,
but the lense cap decided to break off recently...
Quite a few of you have wanted to know
if you'll be getting your morning PB fix regularly while I'm away...
That's why I bought this new laptop to take along.
It took months to decide which one to buy...
I got a Compac because I wanted XP Professional.
Microsoft Vista gives me the shakes.
Since it's my FIRST laptop it looks more mysterious than those macarons.
The keyboard is harder to figure out than a French keyboard.
Or it will be when I get it out of the box...
I may call on y'all for help.
Another reason for a 'puter in France is,
I've noticed in the past, after a few weeks I get a hankering for spoken English.
This way I can get a shot of the BBC if the urge arises...
What to take?
This one is tough since I use a rather small (and old) suitcase.
But it's nice to have a few friendly cups along to throw in a Parisien still life..
Which ones do I take!!??
Oh and books are always the killer aren't they?
So darn HEAVY!
One thing I never leave behind is my real dice bracelet.
US Customs is always totally distracted by this bracelet.
So I can bring in all the contraband diamonds and fois gras I want.
Tee-hee
Any fabulous last minute suggestions are most welcome :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY