Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Maine Escape...

I'm not really ready for Fall or back-to-school school openings...
So I'm escaping off someplace I should have gone this summer..
Up to David Dewey's watercolor workshop in Maine.
I've been 4 or 5 times.
I thought at first, that since I'm focused on still life I didn't need to look or
think about landscapes again.
Too late I woke up and realized of course, a still life IS a landscape!

A bunch of shapes sitting on a flatish surface = a landscape.
Most workshop mornings begin with THE DEMO by the instructor.
You crowd round to see the magic performed in the relentlessly hot sun.
Then you go off for the day and try to perform a little magic yourself...
The bay out my motel window in '01...
Thomaston's boat yard in '05
At the end of each workshop day comes the group crit.
You learn heaps here.
I could use an end o' day group crit in my New York studio...
The real end of a Maine day ends with a Lobster.
If you haven't had a lobster roll for lunch that is...
Or for lobster aficionados, every meal should be Maine lobster...
OK I'm ready for Fall now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY