Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Snack Time...

I thought I'd shake you up a little this morning...
It can't all be Petit dej' at Laduree and hot chocolates at Hotel Meurice.
Unless you're independently wealthy...
There are times when a quick snack between posh joints is essential.
Columbus Cafe is the French version..well sort of...Starbucks.
LOOK!
A muffin is considered a "dessert"

A Coke is a boisson fraiche :(
Owner Philippe Bloch says,
We completely gave up china cups in 1995 and now only offer paper cups :(
On the other hand they do have quite nice salades.
I've had the Nicoises.
And they do have free WI FI
You don't expect to see an ardoise / black board menu for a take-away chain...
SNACK TIME is right by the ODEON Metro station at 97, Boulevard St Germain 75006
Their fare looks fresh and pas cher (not expensive)
COJEAN is the newest Paris fast food chain and the most chic I guess...
Wraps, toastes, baguettes, quiches, boissons, desserts etc.
All very chicly designed and displayed.
I've yet to try...
Carottes rapees is one of my favorite Paris snacks -
Shredded carrots with a teaspoon of lemon juice.
YUM! so simple..why does it never taste the same at home?
These are waiting at LAFAYETTE GOURMET ground level.
Another frequent snack is a salade composee from Monoprix...
But I was fascinated by these lemon meringue things at LAFAYETTE GOURMET...
I didn't get one though..
At least I have the picture...
That happens way too many times :(
Do you have a favorite Paris snack?
Tell me about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY