Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Paris Tap...

Watercolor painted with Paris tap
Painted with Paris Tap, watercolor, 9" x 11"
I love Paris tap!
Photo by Jim Wilson for the New York Times of Chez Panisse carafes
Photo by Jim Wilson for the New York Times

Last week Marian Burrows wrote in the New York Times on the subject of New York tap water. Restaurants may be forced to switch from bottled water to the local brew to save the environment from excess throw away glass bottles.
Chez Panisse in Berkeley, always a leader in the restaurant world, has already switched.
Carafes at Cafe CassetteIn Paris, tap water is one of the delights of the restaurant tabletop in my opinion.
I love the variety and glitter glass carafes add...
Carafe d'eau at Leon'sEven plain old Belgian chain Leon's has a beautiful luminous carafe...
I WILL paint this! soon...
Carafe d'eau at Cafe MondrianParis restaurants have served carafe d'eau of local tap water for eons.
And why is this you ask?
Visit any Parisian's home and you'll see bottled water lined up like soldiers in the kitchen.
And super marches are full of more brands than you can imagine.
The reason is, because when eating out,

The French know that wine costs less than BOTTLED water!
So if you're trying to "pass", order that carafe d'eau or un verre d'eau!!!
My collection of French watersI love Paris tap because my watercolor paints love it.
They jump around and flow in a way they don't behave on the home front.
Maybe I do too :)
Some say it's perhaps the excess calcium.

I've tried all kinds of concoctions and gotten lots of chemical advice, even adding Champagne chalk and baking soda to New York tap...
un verre d'eau at Cafe CassetteSo far the best I've done is sneak home one little bottle of Paris Tap...
I emptied my Vitel in the AirFrance lounge and refilled it with the REAL stuff!
But supplies are getting low...
Anyway I'm all for New York restaurants adding lovely glass carafes to their tables.
Go for it New York!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY