Friday, June 8, 2007

Paris Stuff...

Most people bring back sensible, chic things when they visit Paris.
Bags, shoes, gloves, perfume, couture socks etc.
I bring back chatchkes - souvenirs from pastry shops, tea salons and candy stores.
Like the plastic gelato spoons I'm addicted to, these are my Paris treasures.
Some people buy real French handbags.
I bring home the paper sacs and they're free too.
Well almost. You do usually have to buy something.
They are not giving them out for free ever!
Souvenir napkins...
I've no good reason to explain why I pick these up...
Maybe because like Mount Everest, they are THERE!
And they are light weight.
The red napkin at the bottom is from tea at Hediard...
Of course candy and Stickers...YUM!
I always forget the French word for stickers / Les autocollants(Merci Jen)
Many places have more than one design too!
Candy / confisier stores are terrific for these.
Carte de visit - I always try to pick up one on the way out.
I love all the elaborate designs.
French business cards are a dream...
If I'm on top of things I try to get some printed while I'm over there.
Oh don't forget, you have to ask for the l'addition / bill in a restaurant.
Don't just sit there and expect it to show up.
And don't dare get up and walk out in consternation.
It's grounds for arrest in France to leave without paying your bill.
And they are not interested in your dish washing skills.
In a cafe they bring the bill with your order in a little special dish..
The creme de la creme of my l'addition collection is this hot chocolate bill from Hotel Meurice...
The only thing you can take away is this tiny Canderel sugar thingie...
No logo sugar cubes, nuttin!
I figured you'd already seen enough of my sugar cube collection, so they're resting in seclusion...
And here's another collection gem -
An adorable paper bag a croissant probably came in, from some anonymous boulangerie.
I tried to smooth out the wrinkles for you :)
But doesn't this little bag say it all?
The care, attention and wit that goes into the small, quotidien things of French life..?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY