Wednesday, June 27, 2007

For the past 3 months I've been painting coffee cups...
Mainly I've been trying to figure out how to paint BLACK cups or just anything BLACK...
A mess O' coffee cups... It's why I haven't always had "a daily painting" to show you...
I've been struggling with this subject matter.
Don't get me wrong!
My subject matter is TERRIFIC!
Colorful!
Geometric!
Varied in shape and size and everything an artist could wish for.
Maybe that's the problem...
I got stage fright...
Many mornings I would take a "MAGIC PILL" to help me paint...
Some mornings I would take more than one :(
And forget to paint :)
So far I haven't had to go to rehab :)
All artists will tell you one of their best skills is procrastination...
Cherry watching One of the problems is:
I'm working larger...
12 1/2" x 15" or 32 cm x 37 cm
On different paper...
And I've been experimenting with different compositions too...
It's enough to give you a heart attack!
I've done a gazillion color tests..
It's one of the fun ways to procrastinate...
This is my BEST black cup so far...
Now if I could just do this again..

And I've been showing the various stages of progressions to just about everyone too.
Getting a gazillion opinions.
Confusing me further...

But yesterday I finally got to show them
to my watercolor teacher of 14+ years..
And he REALLY, REALLY liked them! :)

Back to the drawing board...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY