Friday, April 2, 2010


HEY TON---

I just "saw" you checking in from Ohio... hehehe.. and I wanted to give you a HUGE shout out for ALL the cooking/baking you are doing... You are one madman gone wild in the kitchen! Enjoy!

Here's what Tony did on March 31:
"Today's dough was 13 lbs and yesterdays was 10 lbs, so he 2 day yield was 23 loaves of bread! A workout when it is all made by hand!
Done for the day today! Made fresh pasta earlier using 12 eggs! I lot of pasta. Made a cornelia sauce which is a rose cream sauce with fresh sauteed mushrooms and some peas. Usually I would add fresh basil, but none to be found, so just opted for its is. 1/2 with tomato paste adds after the ream has reduced and thickened. When you add the pasta then add parmesian cheese and fresh ground black pepper!

This was from April 2:
"Time to get busy prepping for the rice custard. 3 dozen eggs, 2 lbs rice and a gallon of milk plus 3 cups sugar, lemon zest, vanilla and lemon extract."


And then today... words from the cook/baker:
"You are correct on that one! I figure that this is the home and kitchen that I developed my love of food and cooking and it is an honor, joy, and pure pleasure to be able to share some of what I learned with the person that taught me from the beginning. It is a shame that I am the only one that will be able to carry forward these traditions once my mom passes, but she will live on in me in what she taught me all my life.
I hope the photos attach to this message. There was about 5 - 6 gallons of custard to cook when we were finished with the process this afternoon. It took about 4 1/2 hours to prepare the custard for the oven. It made 4 pans full, 2 of the pans are from the hometown in Italy and may go back to great great grandparents. the others were bought on trips to the old country.
Oh, I may be making another batch of bread tomorrow morning! Yikes! Over 30 one pounds loaves of break in less than a week!
Ciao bella,

Tonio in Ohio

**Pictures courtesy of Tonio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY