Monday, April 19, 2010

MAC ATTACK!!!

I had a Mac Attack last night and raided the refrigerator...
Isn't it thoughtful how La Maison du Chocolat wraps each Parisien macaron individually, when they're out of boxes?
I had a Mac Attack on Saturday when I read in the NY Metro that St. Regis Adour chef, Sandro Micheli said, regarding the making of macarons,
"What I absolutely hate is when people put butter cream in between.
There is NO butter cream in macaron!
Butter cream is for cupcakes!”
Wha'?

I went to Google to check about buttercream in macarons.
Next I called Adour to see if I could come buy some of his buttercream-FREE macarons. You can only
order them 24 hours in advance (sight unseen I might add!).
Micheli's recipe at the Metro is for raspberry macarons which require a filling of raspberry jam n'est pas? T
here are not many macarons with a jam filling. Check out Pierre Herme's list of saveurs...
How REAL ganache macaron filling is made here.
Next I put on my coat and went to La Maison du Chocolate, where you can see Macs, feel Macs (after you buy them natch) taste Macs etc. The shells are flown in from Paris every week, so they're 50% 2/3rds Parisien I guess...
On the question of NO buttercream in macarons, Bear quietly reminded me of the massive hunks at The Ritz macaron class and he wasn't talking about The Ritz Bears...
Can you imagine caramel au beurre sale macarons made with no butter?
All these Parisiens are waiting outside patisserie Pierre Herme on Jour Du Macarons For butter-free macarons right?
It reminds me of the lines from When Harry Met Sally...
Harry: There are 2 kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.
Sally: Which one am I?
Harry: You're the worst kind; you're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance.
Sally: I don't see that.
Harry: You don't see that?

Waiter, I'll begin with a house salad, but I don't want the regular dressing. I'll have the balsamic vinegar and oil, but on the side.
And then the salmon with the mustard sauce, but I want the mustard sauce on the side. "On the side" is a very big thing for you.
Buttercream on the side svp.


By the way wildly generous Pierre Herme sent out a Thank You to Us!? for attending his amazing macaron marathon
Meanwhile David Lebovitz on Saturday demonstrated the macaron recipe from I Love Macarons. I had Mac Attack...
I bought the original Japanese version (not that I can read any Japanese).
Master macaron-chef, Pierre Herme brought out his macaron cookbook in Japanese? No English edition yet.
No wonder I had Mac Attacks all weekend...
Mactweets is having a Mac Attack on their site?
The Mac Rage is contagious.
Meanwhile Bear is singing to himself
an ode to Macarons with deepest apologies to The Who...
See Macs
Feel Macs
Touch Macs
Eat Macs

See Macs
Feel Macs
Touch Macs
Eat Macs

Listening to you, I get the Mac music
Gazing at you, I get the Mac heat
Following you, I climb the Mac mountain
I get excitement at your Mac
FEET!

Right behind you, I see the millions of Macs
On you, I see the Mac glory
From you, I get Mac opinion
From you, I get the Mac story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY