Monday, September 22, 2008

Let Em Eat Cake...

Angelina Mont Blanc, original watercolor
In tough times people go for escapism...

Pierre Herme Desiree,watercolor on Etsy, 5.5" x 7.5"

And some people go for Pierre Herme miniature desserts...

French Cream Tartes, original watercolor, 5.5" x 7.5"

I usually paint just 1 or 2 desserts at a time at most...

So when I was contacted by the Brazilian magazine, PIAUI to do a dessert pastiche for their 2nd birthday issue, I was thrilled but terrorized :)

The last two weeks have been a deluge of desserts, including even trying to paint this napkin - that pony didn't ride...
Here's a mini detail of the finished multi-dessert cover, which by the way came out fine. But what with the bank and market deluge my cover stands a very good chance of being back-burnered. C'est la vie. When I know for sure I'll show you the full monte...
Dessert Pastiche,original watercolor, 5.5" x 7.5"
I've decided it's time to start painting more than just 1 or 2 desserts at a time. So I plunged in. I know you'll let me know what you think.

Oh, here's a snack while you're busy doing dessert analogy...
~

BONNE JOURNEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY