Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Berthillon Glacier

#179B Berthillon Caramel, original watercolor, 5.5" x 7.5"
Je regrette beaucoup...at Berthillon

I finally made it back to Berthillon for their famous Caramel ice cream on a day when they were open (never go on Monday or Tuesday) on 29 rue saint Louis en l'île.

I thought I'd do it up right and sit in their salon de the. Hmmm...this lavender menu is all but unreadable.

I certainly didn't notice there was caramel ice cream and then caramel ice cream with beurre sel :( Naturally I ordered the wrong one. I saw the words "caramel" and pounced. When I mentioned my disappointment to the waitperson...well this is France after all.
"You should have read the menu more carefully, bla bla bla.."
What I should have done was gone for the straight up ice cream cone (the size of a small golf ball by the way) and read this menu before jumping in.
Live and learn from my lessons.
Every place in Paris has macarons bien sur...probably hair salons and taxis by now.
Now this is what I should have ordered even if they would have had to call an ambulance when I went into a sugar coma...
BONNE JOURNEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY