Thursday, November 15, 2007

Menus Ardoises

Menus Ardoises - Paris Breakfasts Parisian Marie-Noelle brought me this child's ardoise / blackboard.
It says:
Chez Carol
Watercolors - Macarons
Help yourself!
Menus Ardoises - Paris Breakfasts These very same little blackboards or slates are what all French children use to learn their first ABCs. Marie-Noelle knows of my efforts to learn French handwriting..
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfasts  As it happens, M-N tutors children in cursive handwriting, so our long-distance friendship is a marriage made in heaven..so to speak. Here she demonstrates her exquisite handwriting in my chaotic studio in the Marais.
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfasts  As much as I love maps, I am completely gaga over these little blackboards menus / menus ardoises.
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfasts  To me they are more a symbol of Paris than the Eiffel Tour...
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfastsAnd you can puruse them at your leisure and dream a bit of what you're going to eat. I love the broad expressive brush used on this menu ardoise...
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfasts Isn't it just about the worse thing in the world when a restaurant has NO MENU outside for you to study over? It shows a complete lack of imagination on their part in my opinion...
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfasts Paris has picked up on my obsession with ardoises and I saw them everywhere. Not just in front of restaurants. Here in a boulangerie advertising meringues that are easily as big as your head!
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfasts This is a faux ardoise - just a bit of cardboard, but still a charming way to advertise your wares.
Don't you think?
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfastsThis chic boutique is using the "ardoise" style to show it's prices - most kind of them too!
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfasts In La Mere de Famille chocolate boutique - this ALL chocolate ardoise for returning back-to-school children to make the return less painful I suppose...
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfastsNot an ardoise at all - just a scrap of paper announcing the tragic news that L'as du Fallafel would not be opening until October 16! I had to wait 16 days for my fallafel - NOT FAIR!
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfastsHere is the dream job for me - writing out the menu on a cafe ardoise...sigh
Menus Ardoises - ParisBreakfastsHere's a little video on the L'Ardoise restaurant in Rouen for your morning amusement... And a petit lecon from French.about.com, that if you repeat and repeat will make you very fluent in French on the ardoise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY