Tuesday, November 27, 2007

BEAR Street...

Bear watercolor - Parisbreakfasts Do you believe in synchronicity?
Or "meaningful coincidences," as Jung calls it...
Bears - ParisbreakfastsJust before I left for Paris I was rushing to finish a menu illustration full of bears...

rue aux Ours The apartment I rented in the Marais was on rue aux Ours (BEAR street), pronounced, ru Oh-Zores... I still can't pronounce it! Jette in Danmark My first day in Paris I met Jette from Denmark in the street...
polar bear - Parisbreakfasts And don't you know she's writing and illustrating a book about Polar bears! So naturally I kept seeing more BEARS EVERYWHERE!
Un Jour Sur terre - Parisbreakfasts This poster in the Metro was unavoidable.
l'Ours du Marais - Parisbreakfasts And a 5-minute walk from my apartment was this wonderful specialty boutique, L'Ours du Marais on 18, rue Pavee, 75004. They sell ONLY BEARS of course.
Russian bears - Parisbreakfasts They have tons of these Russian carved wooden bears from the town of Bogorodskoye.
Teddu bears - Parisbreakfasts Plus all manner of silly out-fitted teddy bears or nounours....
Bears -ParisbreakfastsBear stamps, bear tins, bear T-shirts...it goes on and on.
Teddy Bear Tea - ParisbreakfastsPlenty of bear china too. I was looking for a GREEN bear for my cousin Louise, but that was the ONE bear they didn't have...
les nounours a la guimauve -Paris BreakfastsToday I found among my photos these marshmallow bears or les nounours a la guimauve from La Mere du Famille.
Isn't that synchronicity?
Hi Jette!
How are your bears doing? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY