Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Dessert Alert!

French Pastry watercolor - Paris Breakfasts Are you bringing dessert to your Thanksgiving dinner destination?
French Pastry - Paris Breakfasts Bad things can happen to good desserts - before.
French Pastry - Paris Breakfasts When they are in transit - after.
French Pastry - Paris Breakfasts I took these 3 desserts to Barbara Bleu for afternoon tea.
I'm afraid the trip was too much for these fragile beauties...
French Pastry - Paris BreakfastsHere's a lovely example of red and green harmony from Pierre Herme...
French Pastry - Paris Breakfasts Not so lovely result from a trip on the Paris Metro -it went slip sliding away, because I did not treat it with kid gloves. c'est la vie
French Pastry - Paris BreakfastsMy 1st day in Paris I made a B-line for Pierre Herme and bought this lovely creation plus 2 others, thinking I'd have painting material for a while...
Paris Metro - Paris BreakfastsI made the fatal error of entering the Metro at rush hour. Quelle idiot! I know why French women snack on Pierre Herme's fabulous desserts in the street.
Plus I did not request these 3 delights to be packed seperately.
Live and learn.
It would be wise to reserve a hotel close to your favorite patisserie.Hotel Bonaparte is across from Pierre Herme.
French Pastry - Paris Breakfasts Sometimes you will be sold les macarons sans /without a box top!
Quelle sacriledge et tragedie!
French Pastry - Paris Breakfasts
Listen when the sales person asks if your dessert is "pour emporte?" Take-away and eat immediately? Tell her it's un cadeau/gift. You need une boite /box.Or there may be an unhappy surprise when you get back to your room to feast. Speaking of feasting...
Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
I'd like to be having Thanksgiving dinner where Francois Simon of Le Figaro is dining. The dessert looks especially fetching. I was once a guest at Les Crayères because I'd drawn a portrait of the chef, Gerard Boyer. I will draw for food anytime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY