Friday, July 27, 2007

I Love Supermarkets...

Sometimes I wish I could spend an entire vacation inside a French supermarket / hypermarche.
Or any foreign market for that matter.
I remember hanging out in Tokyo grocery stores for ages...
I love looking at the packaging designs - all the boxes and tins.
I brought home this Banania chocolate tin years ago.
It's now a "vintage" tin!
I took it to David Dewey's watercolor class when we were doing "yellow"only still lifes...
An old "yellow" study - this is from my pre-macarons days...
These French yogart glass jars make perfect water containers.
And how often do you see a
Vermeer in an American supermarket?
This was formerly a French plastic yogurt container.
Plastic is way easier to bring home than glass...
The contents of a tin or box are usually irrelevant to me -
I almost always toss them away to lighten the load home.
When I was shoe designing I bought this beautiful tin in London.
Pouring thick, gooey Lyle's Golden Syrup down your hotel bathroom sink is NOT a very good idea.
I love all the animals on European food containers...
Do we only get to see animals on "organic" foods in the US?

It's as if the source of the food is irrelevant here :(
I would like to see more cows and goats please...
Aren't these yogurt boxes pretty?
And you don't have to read anything to know what's inside.
Here's one container I discovered in the supermarket that I buy to drink while I'm in Paris.
It makes a terrific snack after traipsing around all day.
REAL gazpacho from SPAIN!!!

And it tastes EXCELLENT too
And would you believe - Tropicana is the producer!?
Dear Tropicana,
Could you please bring this Spanish gazpacho to New York?
I'd like to buy a ton of it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY