Thursday, July 19, 2007

BOUCHON BAKERY

Bouchon little chocolate cakes I'm late visiting chef Thomas Keller's BOUCHON BAKERY
at 10 Columbus Circle, near 59th Street, third floor.

Bouchon BakeryFor some odd reason I thought they might have Pierre Herme Ispahan knockoffs for me to paint.

But that is Bouley Bakery!

They do have MACARONS!!!
But only in a "medium" size?!
Why?
I like the little/petit ones best - that way you don't feel such a pig eating them :)
These giant-looking chocolate "bouchon" are just the right size!
Only 2" tall and full of molten chocolate...YUM
Remember le bouchon is the word for a Champagne cork and that's how these are shaped.
Very pretty "Cherry chocolate cremoux (?)"
Are there cherries inside as well as on top? Qui sait?
This 1/2 globe is a popular French pastry shape with Herme and others...
My room mate is rescuing me by having this loaf-cake for breakfast!
What I actually ate, after all the browsing...
A plain old ham and cheese sandwich.
But all the bread is made in-house and the baguette is nice and chewy.
Quite Frenchie in my opinion - the bread was buttered as well as mustared like the French do it.
There are informal cafe tables nearby to munch your sandwich..
And for your hound..
There are foie gras–enriched doggie biscuits to keep his mind off your Chocolat bouchon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY