Tuesday, July 17, 2007

One of the BEST words in the world...
Yesterday, Merisi, just back from a week in Italy, commented,
First time in my life that I had 2 ice cream cones with 3 flavors each in a row
and was left wanting for a 3rd one...
NO NO NO Merisi!
There is ONLY ONE FLAVOR gelato you should eat!
And that is Pistachio di Bronte!
Any Gelateria worth it's (rock) salt get's it's pistachios
from the Sicilian town of Bronte.
Did you know it takes TWO YEARS for a pistachio nut to ripen?!!!
Here's what GROM has to say of Bronte's pistachios:
The operation is almost acrobatic: balanced on blocks of lava and holding onto the branches with one hand, with the other they pick the pistachio nuts one by one, dropping them into a canvas bag tied around their necks.
In a day’s work, they manage to pick 20 kilos of pistachios at the most.
WOW! This is definitely S L O W F O O D !
The best gelato shop in Paris, POZZETTO, is located conveniently on
39, rue de Roi de Sicile 75004 (king of Sicily street)
Did you know gelato was invented in Sicily?
I once got to spend a week at a fine Sicilian vineyard, REGALEALI.
I was supposed to be sketching the harvest but all I did was eat gelato...
For some unknown reason Pozzetto is following GROM's bad example
and has placed hats/lids on their ice cream bins I take deep offence at this :(
I always like to study over the menu and prices before I go somewhere...
Then there's no sticker shock and to make sure they have PISTACHIO!
A stolen shot here of Pozzetta's interior kitchen...shhhhh
I dragged up and down this street before before I noticed Pozzetto's shop...
I changed my mind when I tasted the PISTACHIO!
Here's a map so this doesn't happen to you...
I don't know which I love more - maps or menus..? But aren't they the same thing? Do you think I should run off to Italy on a 3-day-pistachio-gelato-research trip?
Would you be willing to foot the bill? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY