Wednesday, July 8, 2009

PAUL!

Petit Dejeuner at PAUL, watercolor, 9" x 11"
Melissa asked me, would I please visit the chain of boulangerie/patisserie, called PAUL this trip. Since it was right across the street from my hotel on rue de Seine, I had petit dejeuner there.
PAUL's menu:
*Note the petit dejeuner is called "Le Parisien"
That's meant especially for ParisBreakfasts readers!
I do have a problem with the French insisting on calling Danish pastries, "Viennoiseries" I took this up with Merisi from Vienna, but I forget her experte response...
PAUL sets up this demo tray in the entry so you know what your getting. PAUL had over 300 French farmers planting wheat over 3,500 hectares (8,650 acres) especially for their rustic-style products...

I ordered "Le Continental" = The Works!
When C. emailed me in Paris requesting to bring her back boxes of French chocolate, my immediate thought was,
NON! NINE, NIENTE, NADA, DE JEITO NENHUM! My bags are filled with what Marcel Proust calls Remembrances of Things Past..True, I do bring back empty chocolate boxes, but that's for still life usage.Do you think Paris cafes have my picture up?
WANTED DEAD or ALIVE for borrowing sugar cubes and napkins!
Petit Dejeuner at PAUL, watercolor, 9" x 11 "

Many cafes no longer put their brands on glasses etc, like Cafe de Flore, so their tableware won't end up on your table...hmmm
The PAUL dining room...

I love the way PAUL uses old graphics and typography on their outdoor signs. As if we needed any enticement to enter.

BONJOUR PAUL!

*repost from April, '07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY