Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bacon Show?

I went back yesterday to the FANCY FOOD SHOW for a last gasp look at the prize winners and to search for some healthy solutions to counterbalance all the sweets here at PB. Hmmm I did find these American Indian-made products...
This was a surprising winner-cat food! I've never seen that before at the FFS?!
Ruby at Ladurée, original art, 9" x 12"

But it struck a chord since I've been busy painting Ruby this week...
There was a preponderance of BACON at the show - is that this year's trend? I think so, though the NYTimes found other items..
This is a special bacon cooker that drains off all the fat conveniently...
From WOWBACON.com!!!
Bacon-flavored chocolate from Vosges Haut Chocolat...
And they had a pancake batter with bacon already in it + chocolate bits...Hmmm
Have you ever had rashers of British bacon with your tomato and egg in London? Unbeatable. There should be mushrooms on that crowded plate as well - do not mention the C word pls.
Another show prize winner - Sticky Buns. I'm sure I got my terrible sweet tooth from those early Sunday morning runs with my dad to pick up sticky buns...
How did you get your sweet tooth?
Do tell all!
Here's a favorite product from the show. I love peanut butter. If only I could figure out how to bring it with me to Paris? And Sunland makes theirs only with Valencia peanuts! This stuff is yummy.
Eeep I see they gave me the "crunchy" version. Did you know that most women prefer smooth? I am raising my hand wildly.
Another favorite I discovered at last year's show and I'm hooked - Mary's Gone Crackers - yep they're organic and gluten-free, but they happen to taste REALLY GOOD, especially with peanut butter on them=Heaven!!!
After all that tasting who doesn't need a massage with a hunk of heated HymalaSalt?
Course one could, as an alternative, dive into this heaping vat of prize winning caramel sauce...non non non!!!!!
If you want to try your skills at making macarons you will need almond flour. I'm flirting with the idea. Urge me on PBers. Be warned. My pastry skills are all in the eating.
Saving the best for last and purely for it's pictorial merits bien sur.
Tomorrow back to Paris I promise....
BONJOUR MERCREDI!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY