Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thinking Heads

This last trip I was influenced by something cafe artist Rick Tulka said in his video - how fascinated he was by the French face.
And the French nose, which he compared to a Pontiac!
I hadn't noticed. I mainly go looking for things. I'd forgotten to look at the French face. This time I was going to record all the French faces I could...in posters of course, since you can't walk up to people and shoot in their faces! Here was the first French face I saw.
Isn't this a very FRENCH face!
VERY, VERY FRENCH!
Here poetic licence is taken with a bit of stretching...
Ah the romantique French face...gotta love it!
This cool cat looks alot like the romantique guy...
Kristin Scott Thomas - not French but she surely looks French here and she does live in France.
Pensive...
Can you tell me who this French woman is? In the Tuilleries Metro station?
I forgot. Also pensive...
Of course President Sarko turns up everywhere...
French heads buried in wine corks in a wine shop window...
A French kid in the Metro
Notice no smiling faces, no blue eyes, no blonde hair.
None of your average pretty formulaic faces we're so boringly fed in US posters. No faces that make you think "I should look like that!" Well not many...
Thinking heads in fact, not just faces.
Here's your average French kid on a notebook about to do something naughty...
Lots of surreal faces in Paris... Yesterday I had tea with French blogger Anne Corrons of MesVitrines NYC . She said sometimes she's surprised that I show things besides Paris pastries. I'm always looking for visual patterns and trends in Paris. Some of them I just make up, like looking for French faces...
Take Adrien Brody and put him in a French Metro and he looks decidedly French doesn't he?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY