Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Friture Diet

I made it safely home in one piece.
Though I wish I could say the same for the chocolate booty I brought back with me.
THE EURO DIET turned out to be a resounding SUCCESS! YAY!
Though the scale tells a different tale. The R.O.I. = the return on investment is, I did not break the bank or the ATM machine as I normally do.
I was CONSERVATIVE with my dough! Shock and surprise.
So a new diet begins.
I know I said I would bring back a variety of "friture" or April First chocolate fish to do a tasting or a "flight" comparing quality, texture etc. But why not instead, allow myself just ONE chocolate fish per diem until I return to Paris in 6 months in October.
160 chocolate fish are required for this experiment.
I am sadly 9 fish short :(
Yes! That's correct. I brought back 151 little fishies! Amazing isn't it? I'm getting really good at numbers. I just don't want to lose the new restraint I gained from The Euro Diet. And maybe this could tip the scales in my favor?
Qui sait? Worth a try, non? I'll keep you posted.
Meanwhile there is other Paris booty I want to share with you - at least visually.
Intense tablettes from Jean-Paul Hevin.
Two of the smallest size boxes of Laduree chocolates - best for still life painting and for the purse...
This is the first time I've brought back macarons!? I forgot they were there....
Something else I forgot was lurking in the fridge.
Quelle tragedie!
A Pierre Herme Ispahan I never got to taste...
Something always goes wrong on a trip. There has to be at least ONE THING right?
Another mishap - a broken chocolate chicken from Marquise de Sevigne.
At least this mishap I could bring home...
At least I didn't misspeak...ahem
On AirFrance coming home, I sat next to Berliner Jochen, visiting New York for the first time. He kindly gave me this chocolate ladybug (marienkäfer). He says it brings good luck, so I'm saving it. Well I hope I can save it... Danke Jochen!
Another friend kindly gave me this hotel door sign.
It reminds me that I'm back - back to reality.
Back to paying bills, back to painting, back to New York's sunny blue skies.
But I do miss those grey, overcast skies of Paris and the streets full of silly little dogs and the shop windows full of amazing desserts...and, and, and

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY