Friday, April 11, 2008

Ispahan Rose

Ispahan Rose CheesecakeIspahan Cheesecake, original watercolor, 9"x 11"
As promised pre-trip, I did get to taste quite a few of Pierre Herme's Ispahan Collection.

Photo by Saxon Holt from 100 Old Roses for the American GardenPhoto by Saxon Holt



Last Sunday, I went to meet my miniature supplier, Priscilla,
RementQueen for brunch. She was accompanied by a famed Rosarian, Clair G. Martin, Curator of the Huntington Rose Garden and our brunch turned into a rose lesson!

Yesterday I got his beautiful book in the mail, 100 Old Roses For The American Garden. Marie-Antoinette isn't holding a rose here just to look pretty. The French were instrumental in developing repeat blooming roses and future Empress Josephine encouraged her friend to develope new species of roses

No wonder Pierre Herme is obsessed with roses. The French and roses go back a long ways.

I ate this Ispahan Rose cheesecake.

I ate the Ispahan Surprise too...

I did not have the nerve to get the Saint Honore Ispahan.

Saving it for next time...

You see rose pink everywhere in Paris...

Like these tiny child's ballerinas...

Or this Anne Fontaine pink bow belt...

No wonder the French say La vie en rose...

Last weather report from Paris I heard it's still chilly and rainy...

But if I had this rose pink umbrella, would I care?










0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY