Friday, April 25, 2008

Angelina's Mont Blanc

Angelina's Mont Blanc, original watercolor, 9" x 11"
There have been many requests for Angelina watercolors and this is just a toe in the water. I promise!
I visited Angelina 3 (!) times in 2 weeks and I would have stopped in the last day but my breakfast companion wasn't in the mood :(
That'll teach me to go my own way.
HUMPH!
I'd always thought, when people talk about the legendary Mont Blanc at Angelina they were referringto this pile of whipped cream...WRONG!
THIS is the Mont Blanc!
Not that it looks like the famous snow-topped mountain to me...
Not that anyone asked...
The Mont Blanc is a meringue base piled with extrusions of chestnut purée and filled with whipped cream.
Supposedly Coco Chanel, Marcel Proust and Karl Lagerfeld all have in common a great love for Angelina's hot chocolate and the Mont Blanc served at the Parisian pastry shop since it opened in 1903.
Of course there are other desserts you can order...
Many others.
And by all means go upstairs to the ladies room so you can look down over the balcony and shoot
All those desserts and whatever else comes into view...
A quick shot of the salon de the...
The window seat is what I always yearn for but you must arrive early to catch one of these. Angelina opens for breakfast at 8 AM 7 days a week...
Of course Little Bear got to come along and have his own cup of the famous hot chocolate!
To be cont...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY