Thursday, October 4, 2007

Gerard Mulot OK!
More torture and a peek behind the scenes.
Yesterday I did a MEETING THE FRENCH visit to GERARD MULOT's kitchen in the 13th, where they make all of his wonderous treats.
If only MTF had given exact directions or a Google "map it".
Then I would not have missed 30 minutes while wandering off in the opposite direction.

Gerard Mulot Still the visit was a delightful opportunity and thank goodness I did not give up in dispair and return home. I arrived in time to see them making the macarons.
The chocolate-making is another story. You'll just HAVE to be patient!

Gerard Mulot Here the macarons are resting before them go in the oven...
Gerard Mulot You can watch them baking and turning through the glass oven door here.
Gerard Mulot The lids or coques (shells) are being filled with chocolate ganache.
YUM!

Gerard MulotPatrick Leclerc, the head pastry chef in charge. Ooops he moved...
Gerard Mulot There are 3 sizes of macarons...
Here, the individual BIG MACS for 3.50 euros each.
Gerard Mulot The medium size you buy by the kilo...
The smallest size are used for decorative gateaux

like the tower in the 1st picture.
Gerard Mulot Gerard Mulot even sells this adorable macaron bougie (candle). I bought 2.
Gerard MulotAnd I bought this box of 9 for I think 8-9 euros.
I'm glad there's a ribbon on it to protect the maccies inside from any
snack attacks that may overcome me...
Also we got a sweet little gift box of chocolates!
Next Friday I'll get to "visit" DEL MONTEL patisserie.

DO IT if you come!
Tomorrow at this time I will be in class at Lenotre
making macarons myself!!!
Well not exactly by myself...ahem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY