Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Good n' Plenitude

Pierre Herme - Surprise Plenitude I can hear you now...
At last she's finally giving us a watercolor on her last few days in Paris! And a Pierre Herme watercolor at that!
The "Surprise Plenitude"!
HOORAY!
Pierre Herme in the rain.. Well I just happened to be passing by yesterday in the rain on rue Bonaparte...and the ever present line of worshippers was nonexistent.
Who could resist entering?
Pierre Herme seductressesThe usual suspects tried to seduce me with their intense, shiny colors and glossy textures...but I was looking for something different. Something I hadn't tried before. And something that would survive the rain and the Metro...
The Surprise Plenitude caught my eye and my tastebuds... Plus I will go through hell for anything containing CARAMEL and all 12 versions of the Plenitudes do! Along with dark chocolate, marscarpone cream and a touch of chocolate macaron - irresistable.
Did you know that "plenitude" connotes:
1 : the quality or state of being full : COMPLETENESS

2 : a great sufficiency : ABUNDANCE
This baby lives up to all expectations and more...
For your information...
Along with that essential information, this baby will survive the Metro and Paris rush hour happily.
The box did not do so well, malheureusement...ahem Another sticker or auto-collant would have aided survival enormously...
Have you ever been to England during Xmas and had the mad experience of British party poppers. Wearing a paper party hat is bad enough...hmmm
Well let me reassure you, opening the Surprise Plenitude is nothing like that.
I had to dissect this baby...
Still the mysteries elude me of what makes this melt-in-the-mouth extravaganza such a delight. Inside lurks a surprise soup of caramel and a macaron base to support the lusciousness. All desires are satisfied here.
I've seen perfectly respectable, well-dressed French women, around the corner from the Pierre Herme Bonaparte boutique, gobbling up citron tartes IN THE STREET! Oh how I longed to catch their image on camera for you. But shock and common decency stopped me. What is France coming to when everyday folks begin to eat in the street. AND on the Metro I might add?
Has Paris been liberated again?
Did I mention I also got the packet of 3 chocolate pH3 Plenitude "bowling balls"? These too are loaded to the gills with caramel soup and other indeterminate but delicious goodies. I went back and bought extras so I could inhale them while painting to impart the full effect into the watercolor - for research purposes of course.
You MUST try a Plenitude for breakfast or you haven't lived...
"Plenitude est une experience 100% jubliatoire"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY