Wednesday, October 10, 2007

L'Esquirol

It's Fall in Paris and squirrels/L'Esquirol are EVERYWHERE.
Even in the Metro!
La Mere de Famile always keeps their windows in tune with the seasons. These cocoa powder-covered almonds are their Fall specialty. They have complimentary samples at the cash to tempt you when you pay for other items.
Marie-Noelle translated this for me but I've forgotten of course. Something to the effect that the squirrel symbolizes economy and preparedness. My father used to remind me to follow their example. Learn to think ahead for the oncoming winter. Get my nuts lined up in a row etc. Instead I played like the grasshopper... Hmmm...still playing too much I guess.
La Maison du Chocolat has some very nice nuts lined up in their Fall windows. These I would happily squirrel away.
A pretty Fall still life in an antique shop window...
Another Fall painting in Portobello's window...
Place du Vosges in the Marais is full of fallen leaves...
Fall is the season of mushrooms/champignons too.
La Mere de Famile's vitrine is full of marzipan mushrooms, chestnuts
And cocoa beans filled with candy leaves and pebbles...
Baby squirrels fill the kids clothing shop windows...
to remind us that our kid squirrels
need some Fall colors in their wardrobes..
as do our baby squirrels...
I haven't seen an actual Parisian squirrel yet. There are plenty of those in New York. They can wait! Back to playing :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY