Friday, October 19, 2007

Greve - Giacometti

empty streets in the Marais The GREVE/strike has taken effect on Thursday.
The streets of the Marais are vide/empty except for a bike or two...
I call M. and suggest we go to the brand new Giacometti exhibit at Centre Pompidou - the crowds should be minimal.
Come on along!
Up the escalators..up..up..up!
there's a lot of escalators and no signs.
Enfin - the exposition Giacometti!
The art thief surfaces and can't resist sneaking stealing a shot of the sculptures sillouetted against the Paris skyline...
Viewers + sculptures against the skyline...dramatique!
My major "steal" is this shot of a Giacometti sketchbook doodle...
Looks like a Moleskine! Can I make a macaron doodle look this good?
I shot this from an art journal...cheating.
This one too is from the journal. Don't you love the way Giacometti did his sketches on the walls of his studio/atelier? I would love to do that...
Back in the museum's arcades...
The views of surrounding Paris are...
Spectacular! Worth the visit to the Pompidou. This is my fourth museum this trip - a record for me. Of late I only visit pastry museums...hmmm
Looking down - at all the people but it's sparse today. Many have stayed home from work... My apartment is around the corner from the Pompidou so we go back for tea. I decide to walk M. partway home.
It's rush hour so the streets are full...
Motorcyclists and...
Tons of bikers, many using the new Velib system...
Workers walking home As well as walkers...
L'As du Falaful has no line A sure sign of something unusual going on is:
There's no line at L'As du Falafel!
Still the falafel tastes just as good as ever.
Friday the "museum" of Salon du Chocolat opens and the GREVE continues...
Uh Oh!
(to be cont.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY