Friday, May 21, 2010

What 2 Do In London?

Photo by André Zahn
It's been a long time since I've been to London, maybe 6-7 years. I've completely forgotten what 2 do there and I have 10 days.
Help me PB readers svp.
Naturalment I'll visit the Laduree branch at Harrod's for macaron researche. Do you have any not-2-B-missed London macaron destinations?
Do tell.

I know there's a PAUL'S in London, but I'll skip it unless you say I shouldn't. Carrie, your painting is going out today
I will absolutely visit the Grace Kelley exhibit at the V&A!
I'm toying with the idea of tea at The Ritz...hmmm
Definitely I'll visit Ottolenghi take-out, like every day if I can...
According to Google Maps it's a 32 minute walk from...
The Chelsea Arts Club, where I'm staying.
And where I'll be exhibiting the Paris Facade watercolors!
You're all invited to the 'Private View' on Tuesday June 8th 6-8
143 Old Church St. Chelsea SW3

Well 40 of you are.
Please email me if you'd like to attend.
If you show up the day after moaning "I missed it" they will not let you in unless I'm there. It's a private club...ahem
There will be Laduree macarons bien sur.
Photo by André Zahn

Original photo by André Zahn

This is the typical heart attack English breakfast you get at the club minus the baked beans. Fried potatoes, fried tomatoes, fried mushrooms, fried eggs, piles of rashers of bacon, sausage. They should have a doctor on the premises. Granted I've only seen besotted diners fall into their soup.

watercolor by Ian Sidaway
I'll be visiting with Ian Sidaway, watercolorist par excellence. I was an 'artist resident' at a Tuscan workshop he taught. Ian has written like 800 superb artbooks and he's going to let me use his studio to cut mounts/mats.

Ian recently sent me this photo from our painting adventure. I've made a mess, comme d'habitude in the Tuscany landscape just like in my studio. So PLEASE tell me what 2 do in London besides the above list.
And do come to the opening if you can.
BONJOUR LONDON!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY