Friday, May 14, 2010

Rouge Coco Chanel

Jamie Cat Callan wrote me, "I wonder what your thoughts are on red lipstick? Do French girls wear it?"
This is a troublesome query. Certainment you see an awful lot of lipsticks in Paris department stores like Bon Marche, Printemps and Galeries Lafayette...
But do you see any French girls wearing red lipstick/rouge a levres?
I don't. Red shoes? Oui, bien sur!
Le parfume rouge? This is news to me, mais il existe!
Le vetement rouge/red coats? On every street corner!
Le meme chose with all the little red smart cars...
Red stockings in the red Metro? Why not...
Especially if you are going to a bistro and so many bistros are rouge (the red meat?)
Will a French girl sit at a table rouge? Pas de problem.
And write with a red pencil in a red cahier/notebook from the adorable Marie-Papier on rue Vavin? Pourquoi pas?
A gouter/snack of macarons framboise may pass her lips...
Or any Parisien patisserie even a gateaux de rouge...
Pierre Herme Ispahan, watercolor, 9" x 11"

It's one of my favorite paintbox accent...
But on a French girl's lips?
Have you seen it? I haven't..
Jamie responded, "I can't seem to give it up...
perhaps I'll have to go to Lipstick Rehab!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY