Monday, May 24, 2010

London Bookshops

Tea it is!
Thank you PBers for all your dynamite suggestions of what to do in London.
I'll have to go to at least 3 - 5 afternoon teas per day to keep up. I'll be drowning in tea!
You reminded me how much I love to paint teacups. And of my former addiction as a serious cup-aholic. I may soon need a cup intervention. Am I headed for the Recovery Project again?
Word out is avoid The London Ritz like the plague.
Brit Chris said, "Do not bother with tea at the Ritz, expensive and sandwiches so pre-prepared and cold they make your teeth ache."
Advice taken. I'll stick with The Paris Ritz svp.
What goes better with tea than books?
Show me a London bookshop and I'm happy as a clam. Bear is always dragging me off to W.H.Smith in Paris.
I'll be dragging Bear off to Hatchards in Piccadilly...
They have the BEST, newest art books in the world...
I've blown many $ at Waterstone's - with every how-to watercolor book under the sun...though I probably could write my own by now. Nevermind...
Just a hop and a skip from the Chelsea Arts Club too.
La Seine Miniatures reminded me...One of my favourite places is "Books for Cooks" in Notting Hill (books and cookery classes).
4 Blenheim Crescent, Notting Hill, London, W11 1NN
It's been ages since I've visited... The V&A museum bookshop is not-to-be-missed...
Did I miss any of your favorite London bookshops?
Do tell svp.
BONJOUR MONDAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY