Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Eiffel's Tower"

Diego, Dante, and Little Dulce at the Tour Eiffel, original art, 9" x 11"
It's not just the First Lady, Malia and Sasha who want to visit the Eiffel Tower...
Piggy at the Tour Eiffel, original art, 9" x 11"
There seems to be a deep universal need to visit this monument...

Sophie and Buster at the Eiffel Tower, original art Please contact me if you are interested in a portrait at the Tour Eiffel.
By just about everyone...
Buffalo Bill photo from Eiffel’s Tower By Jill JonnesBuffalo Bill photo from Eiffel’s Tower By Jill Jonnes

Even Buffalo Bill and his Wild West revue featuring Annie Oakley showed up for the 1889 Exposition Universelle, and perhaps inspired the “French love affair” with the Wild West."

Eiffel’s Tower By Jill Jonnes My copy of Jill Jonnes' Eiffel’s Tower only arrived yesterday so I've just dipped into it, but it's a fascinating account of the "the hoopla surrounding its design and erection" and the surrounding grand Paris Worlds fair. Thomas Edison, the Van Gogh brothers, Gauguin, Whistler, the list goes on and on as do the amusing stories.
"Above it all, literally, was
Gustave Eiffel, who entertained a cast of royals and business celebrities in his apartment at the top of the tower."!!!
My obsession continues and this poster is the first thing to greet me as I come in the doorway...
Photo by a PB readerPhoto by PB reader
A PB reader sent me this shot to let me know that BHV had a giant tower available to bring home to my ongoing decorating efforts...
Photo by Sybil G. LeePhoto by PB reader SYBIL G. LEE
And another PB reader, Sybil G. Lee, sent me this photo homage of towering macarons.
Original artwork by C. Robinson©
This Tour Eiffel silhouette postcard is from papeterie L'Ecritoire...
They had this charming cahier/notebook too...
Photo by Canon S3 in Paris France Photo by Canon S3 in Paris France
I love this photo of Canon S3 on Flickr - the perfect homage to Eiffel's Tower non?
BONJOUR EIFFEL TOWER!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY