Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Presse Kiosk

So typically Parisien yet dwindling by the day...
Are Paris' presse kiosks.
I'm fascinated by their forrest green castle-like turrets...
And I'm enjoying paintings them...
But I can count on one hand the times I've bought something..
They seem like a private club to me...
And I'm not a member...
So much to choose from - like a mini super market in these small enclosures. Certainly plenty of souvenirs...
Postcards and maps besides all the journals...
They are usually placed right by the Metro station or bus stop so you can grab something to read while riding, like this Presse kiosk at Place Saint Sulpice...
This kiosk is on an island in the middle of rue Vavin surrounded by cafes...
The same rue Vavin kiosk but with a different seller. The Parisien "kiosquiers" are stationed there for up to 15 hours in what is know as a "standing coffin"!
At night they seem like beacons of light on the darkened streets.
And finally shut up tight until next morning news arrives.
I will in future buy, buy, buy at the Presse Kiosks.
I wouldn't like them to go away. Would you?
BONJOUR KIOSKS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY