Monday, June 22, 2009

SECCO

Secco, original art, 9" x 12"
I went back to Boulangerie Secco many times last trip...
Not just because they were a 10 minute walk from where I was staying at 20, rue Jean Nicot, 75007...
And not just because they have a wonderful old country store feel to their boutique..
And not just because they had excellent savories and very nice salade nicoise, perfect for a light dinner after too much macaron tasting...

And not because of their macarons, which I never tasted - too many other goodies to taste...
And not just because they seem to be open practically round the clock, well at least until 9pm daily except for Sundays when they are fermé (closed - an important French word to learn if you go to Paris)...
And not just because their interior is pretty darn gorgeous for a bakery shop!
*In French it's also useful to know the difference between the plafond(ceiling), the placard (closet), and the par terre (floor) so you don't end up saying I was walking on the placard though you may be after visiting Secco...
More of Secco's interior gorgeousness...
They even have wine on offer and homey jams of a thousand different flavors...
Another reason not to miss out on Secco...though I resisted.
I resisted these wet-on-the-inside chocolatey moussey little cakes...
I even resisted the mini version...
Their sandwiches and salades-never could I resist!
Unfortunately I resisted what Jamie Cahill suggest may be some of Paris' best madeleines -
"They have an unusual flavor, attributable to a "secret" recipe featuring sucre vergeoise, a sticky brown sugar, rather thaan the refined variety. Secco also adds a tiny hint of lemon. The cakes' darker color and courser texture is unique but wonderful".
Who knew?
And why did I leave my copy of this very useful pastry guide at home pray tell?
What I did not miss out on several times over was...
The remarkable tarty lemoniness of Secco's tarte Citron, noted in Figaro's best of Paris at #4!!! I've now tasted 7 out of the top 10, so I feel qualified to highly reccommend this little tarte.
BONJOUR SECCO!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY