Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sometimes PB readers write me that they'd like to tag along to Paris...
Believe me you wouldn't..sometimes I wish I could skip it...
Friday morning I took the train to
the chateau de Chantilly to see the newly renovated Grand Singerie...
The whole chateau is quite magnificent but this one small room is mind-blowingly beautiful...
One small detail among many others that leave you in awe. No one is quite sure if Wateau or several other artists painted these murals since they're unsigned...
Back to Paris after lunch to visit Musee Carnavalet - the history of Paris museum in the Marais..
I'm collecting bits of Louis XV details...
On walls...
On frames, like this one at the Musee Cognacq-jay a few blocks away...
Saturday was a "lite" day. I only made it to the Musee des Arts Decoratif.
There was a "Red" exhibit going on...
Plus red fire engines (toys) and red everything!
After lunch with my cousin, off to the Opera Garnier.
Spectacular!
On Sunday I took the RER to see the Musee de la Toile de Jouy...just on a whim.
What wonderful fabrics...
But don't go on a Sunday if you want to buy any.
The fabric shop nearby is closed :(
C'est la vie.
Enfin, a visit to la Musee Pierre Herme...
I needed to bring a friend a petit cadeau - this one!
Only 2 photos are allowed now in PH!? So arrest me :)
Today I'm off to Chateau de Fontainebleau. Are you still with me?
Tomorrow, I hope to just walk around my neighborhood and visit enfin the marche d'aligre. Or else!
BONNE SEMAINE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY