Thursday, November 13, 2008

Les Musiciens de Lviv

My flight was at 4:30 on Tuesday, so I ran out for a last chance to visit this excellent patisserie David Lebovitz showed me two years ago and just a stone's throw from my apartment... FERME!
As were many other shops on Veterans Day, November 11th.
C'est la vie...
OK, so a last shot of my metro stop, Bastille...
My view on the quiet courtyard in Charlotte's lovely apartment. I found this with your much appreciated assistance... MERCI!
Here is the link if you are interested: http://www.vrbo.com/43745
The salon has wood beamed ceilings...
French doors everywhere.
Ma chambre / bedroom...
Ok, time to depart enfin.
Off to C.D.G. airport.
Of course I passed through Metro station Chatelet enroute. And of course the Russian singers, Les Musiciens de Lviv, were there playing their hearts out. And of course I bawled as usual...
Somehow these metro singers represent Paris for me more than any other icon like the Eiffel Tower or Laduree macarons! It makes no sense. Why? They are ALWAYS there in Chatelet playing heart-breaking music (for me anyways). So this time, even loaded with too many bags and rushing to RER B, I waved to the woman from the top of the stairs and bought their CD. YAY
Now that I'm unpacking - here are some essentials you shouldn't leave home with. EarPlanes for take-off and landing. A tape measure - more about that later. Oddibile 250, you can find in any Paris pharmacy. They're just charcoal tablets for those times when you've eaten too many escargot or macarons...and your tummy aches.
Back home again. Did I mention my studio was being painted while I was away by my kindly neighbor? So chaos awaited me...
And a chance for a clean start too. YAY! It will take a huge effort to mess this up.
An invite to La Maison du Chocolat's new shop on Wall Street awaited me too. But Jet Lag had other plans...zzzzzzzzz
I did get those pretty new Laduree boxes and perhaps the last few. Or so I was told. I even brought a few macs home this time.
This blue and white pitcher (see above amidst the chaos) was instrumental in the new look I'm giving my apartment.
Bye bye IKEA. Here's where the tape measure came in handy.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY