Monday, November 3, 2008

Chateau de Fontainebleau anyone? For all of 23 euros you get a Forfait Loisirs at the Transilien guichet in Gare du Nord that provides you with train/bus/ chateau entry, illustrated booklet plus audio guide!
The lovely weather is a tossup that worked in our favor.
I met two Aussie sisters, Janet and Sue in the train station...

I think I have been in more grand halls this trip...

...than patisseries! But I intend to fix that.
Not that there is anything wrong with grand halls..

Marie-Antoinette's boudoir...Any number of royalty resided here and left their thumb print - Francois I, Henry II and IV, Napoleon I and Josephine, Empress Eugenie, even Pope Pius VII was held prisoner here for 2 years...

I'd like to be held prisoner in this former bedroom...

Now a stairway...

I'm in love with these sculptures...
And this one too...
Janet, Sue and I ate our sandwiches in Goddess Diana's tranquil garden. Then I wondered off to town to check out the macaron situation...
Ah ha! Yes Fontainbleau has macarons! A bit plain vanilla looking in my opinon...
Same goes for this tower of macs...
The best macarons are at Frederic Cassel's patisserie - but they are closed on Mondays :( I'd just begun to think it was time to begin walking Paris' streets instead of another ballroom when...
I saw this sign at the Fontainbleau train station - Chateau Vaux le Vicomte is having their very own Salon du Chocolat this weekend! For thr first time , Vaux le Vicomte will be hosting a new Chocolate fair inside the chateau. Chocolate makers will be inside the chateau to tell the visitors their secrets, demonstrating their art, and of course letting them tasting and buying their woderful products..bla bla bla
I CAN NOT miss this can I PB readers?
You get to decide!
BONNE VOTING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY