Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SIA Again

#167 Lettre à Marguerite, original watercolor,9" x 11"
I seem to be fixated on painting flowers sitting in glass vases this week...
So it's back to the beautiful Parisien flower shop, SIA...
SIA is a chain of home shops founded by Sonja Ingegerd Andersson in 1963 in Sweden. Now their main offices are in France. I bought these, thinking mistakenly they were cabbage roses...
When in fact they were peonies - here are the roses. I didn't buy these :( A good reason to return to SIA (quite near the Madeleine) :)
Did I mention these are all SILK flowers?
Perhaps the most realistic you can find in Paris or anywhere...
Were you fooled?
SIA also sells an array of beautiful glass vases. Though none small enough for the single buds I like to paint...
Some of SIA's flowers come scented. You get to choose scented or unscented...
I caught this SIA Parisien sales girl outside grabbing a ciggie...mustn't give les fleurs a bad scent!
BONNE JOURNEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY